Have you always wanted to work in administration? Does the idea of organisation and order suit you down to the ground? There is continually a strong demand for administrative staff to carry out tasks for businesses of all kinds. Packaging services, building cleaning and pest control are currently the frontrunners for the biggest growth, however, a simple online job seekers search will tell you businesses of all kinds need administration support. If this is an area you are aiming for employment in, here are some things you should know.
Admin roles require staff to take part in technology use for data entry, transcription and diary management, email management, answering phone calls and update and maintain office policies and procedures. Administrative staff are also able to assist in hard copy filing, the organisation and scheduling of meetings and appointments and being the point of contact for clients and fellow staff. Administrative support is a vitally important position in a business.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Having high communication skills is a vital role of an administration support worker. This includes verbal skills for meetings and phone calls, written skills for any correspondence or documentation and competent listening skills for taking instructions and providing quality customer service.
- The ability to work independently is an important aspect to any admin role, this skill is necessary to ensure the business is driving forward smoothly and tasks are able to be completed in time.
- Confidence in Database Management is a highly sought after skill as the collection and management of data into the system is a priority for many businesses.
- Experience and knowledge in Microsoft Office is vital for administration support as programs such as Word, Powerpoint, Outlook and Excel play a key role in business communication.
- Social Media Management is a greatly desired skill as social media is a strong, valuable source in communication with current/potential clients. It is a growing influence that all businesses want to be apart of.
- Strong focus is a beneficial skill to have when joining a team of administrative staff. It enables you to carry out your tasks efficiently and ensure your value to the company is seen through the outcomes you are able to gain while being employed in your position.
Are excited to begin your new career and have drive to succeed in the daily tasks of an admin role? Centastaff can help! We recruit and represent a large network of talented candidates to satisfy the demands of our clients and their businesses. We offer a range of professional roles within administration and welcome driven and enthusiastic candidates to join our growing service. Registering with Centastaff is easy! Simply complete the “Apply Now” application form on our website today and you will be on your way.